Dual Purpose Starting Battery

Has anyone installed the Epoch Dual Purpose 12v 125 ah cranking battery on their boat? I just switch over to the Epoch 12v 105 ah for my trolling batteries. I have 150 Mercury 150 EFI and 9.9 EFI Suzuki kicker, that will hook into this cranking battery. My Mercury is 2017 and my Suzuki is 2021. Has anyone talk to Mercury or Suzuki customer service about this new technology. I heard there could be issues with the alternator's on the motors. This battery would also be used for my house battery, for the radio, livewells and Solix's.

Last edited:
Has anyone installed the Epoch Dual Purpose 12v 125 ah cranking battery on their boat? I just switch over to the Epoch 12v 105 ah for my trolling batteries. I have 150 Mercury 150 EFI and 9.9 EFI Suzuki kicker, that will hook into this cranking battery. My Mercury is 2017 and my Suzuki is 2021. Has anyone talk to Mercury or Suzuki customer service about this new technology. I heard there could be issues with the alternator's on the motors. This battery would also be used for my house battery, for the radio, livewells and Solix'

It states on the site that it is compatible with mercury motors. as for the alternator it will not cause a problem, at max charge the BMS will not disengage and will transfer residual charge through an internal resistor which then dissipates the energy.

Back